April 24th, 2013
We have spoken to the girls in the office, friends and family about what order they apply makeup and it seems it can be an individual preference for the right order. This could be because of routine or even being taught a certain order when they first started wearing makeup.
This is just our suggested order that will help eliminate any smearing or smudges from eye shadow, so coloured speckles don’t fall onto concealer or foundation.
1) Cleanse tone and moisturise your skin for the day ahead, making sure to use a good quality moisturiser or BB cream. This will prepare your skin so your makeup will glide on and stay put longer
2) Apply a small amount of our Prime Focus Eye Primer on your eyelids to make your eye makeup easier to apply and will maintain the colour longer.
3) Add your eye shadow and blend several colours together to get the right look (see last week’s blog for tips, How to achieve everyday smoky eyes look). It’s always best to apply eye makeup before foundation or concealer as excess eye shadow might fall under the eye. It can be easily removed with a cotton wool pad at this stage. This will avoid smearing it in your foundation and dis-colouring.
4) Our Natural Eye Liner can be added to upper and lower lashes to complete your eye makeup.
5) Now your skin has time to absorb the moisturiser and it isn’t too greasy, you can apply your foundation.
6) Concealer can be applied to all the necessary areas, usually under the eyes and the side of the nose and blended for a flawless finish.
7) Add a light covering of bronzer or blusher to help your skin glow.
8) Accentuate your lashes with Lash Alert Mascara in either black for a dramatic look, or brown for a more natural effect.
9) Finish off with a lipstick or lip gloss. Its best to choose a colour that is in the same shade family as your blusher, pink with pink peach with peach.
Everyone’s got different regimes for application, these are just our recommendations. What are yours?
Lily Lolo x